Saturday, March 26, 2011

2 is approaching...What makes our girls so amazing!

The terrible two's seem to be approaching us very quickly. So I think it's time to look on the positive side.

Emma

Emma has an infectious laugh. She always sees the bright side of everything. I worry that she doesn't talk much. Then she starts singing and I start to feel better. Emma is a singer. She LOVES music. Currently, she loves to sing her ABC's and E-I-E-I-O. She is still in her Elmo stage. She could watch the Best of Elmo 2 all day long and sing right along with it. (It's my favorite Elmo video, also). Emma can be a little rough, but she is such a love bug. She will go and get a Binky for Stacy or go and get her whale for her. She tried to change Stacy's diaper the other day. She doesn't cuddle very often, but when she does it is so sweet. She sings, she dances, and she has a love for reading. She makes lots of animal sounds (instead of saying the name of the animal). She can always find a way to put a smile on your face.

Stacy

Stacy is more of a cuddle bunny. She likes Emma, but is always sub-concious about getting hurt. So she is very cautious about starting to play with Emma. Stacy LOVES to talk. She knows lots of words, but she still predominately jabbers away. She is starting to use 2-word phrases. She is even working on 'I love you'. If she sees a cell phone, she goes and picks it up and talks a mile a minute. Whenever she talks, she uses hands gestures. She is a riot. Although, she is more prone to crying. She is a very sensitive little girl. Emma loves dirt and Stacy loves purses, shoes, cell phones, and jewelry. Stacy is absolutely crazy over Elmo. She can find him almost anywhere. Wherever we go, she seems to spot him. Then all you can hear is "ELMO!" She also cracks us up because she has no 'inside' voice. She loves to dance.

We really have been blessed with two amazing angels. We are entering the terrible two stage too quickly. It's getting harder to take them out. It drives me even crazier when we go out and people say, "Oh, you have your hands full." I have two hands and two kids, so they might be full...but they are full of love. So if you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all. We are trying to ignore the tantrums, but they can get very loud. We are open for suggestions, but in the midst of the tantrum, we really don't want to hear any criticism. Regardless, we feel blessed. We love our girls. And I know that one day we will look back and laugh. They are napping now and I already miss them. When they look at you with their beautiful blues eyes and give you a hug and a kiss...all the tantrums seem to disappear.

1 comment: